Today’s challenge is brought to you by Rising Song over at She Believed She Could So She Did. Her list was:
“Places in the world (including in your own country) you would like to see/visit.”
- Hong Kong – I have quite a few friends from over there and would love to see their home city and explore.
- Mainland China – I would love to go here to see the monasteries and see how the monks live and work.
- Tokyo (Japan)- Japanese culture is so fascinating, plus all the anime I watch would make it an interesting experience for me
- Tennessee (USA) – To go and see the Jack Daniels Distillary as well as see Memphis (walking in Memphis plays in my head now)
- New York (USA) – So that I can see all the sites and be a real tourist, plus I can play Englishman In New York (Shame on you for not knowing this song if you don’t. If that double bass doesn’t get you grooving you have no soul)
- Russia – I would like to go to St Petersberg
- Greece – The history would be fascinating and keep me occupied. I am a bit of an ancient history fan
- Rome (Italy)– Ditto
- Vatican City – Tritto
- Cuba – To have a real fresh Cuban cigar the way it was supposed to be, straight off the thighs of the virgin that rolled them.
There you go! Those are the three suggestions I have had from my lovely readers! (over 350 subs and 3 commenters….guess we know how many are bots now!). If any other suggestions are floating out there feel free to drop them on by, otherwise tomorrow I shall just have to make up my own ones. Thank you kindly to those who participated!
Today’s challenge was provided by Tis over at Tis Personal (Warning: Mature Content). Her challenge is below.
“List of exercises you need to do to bulk up at the gym”
Now technically I will be trying to do half cardio, half bulking. My family have dodgy hearts and I have suffered heart palpitations when I was younger and still come back every now and again currently. Due to this I try to do cardio, but this also has the advantage of dropping my fat levels and making me more toned. So I will be slightly deviating and stating what I need to do to increase my strength while also increasing my stamina.
- Cycling – I use a stationary bike at the gym as it is a really great way of working up a sweat and getting your heart going. I make sure to have a setting where it is challenging enough that I can go for an extended period of time and keep my heart rate elevated, without being too hard that I cannot do it for more than 20 minutes. I did between 40- 60 minutes trying to keep my speed consistent and do up to 40 km I think. Also great because it is low impact on my knees.
- Seated Leg Press – I did this to improve my quads and hamstrings. I used to do 120kg x 12 x 3 (12 reps of 120kg, rest 30 seconds then repeat 3 times in total). Also great for toning your butt.
- Lunges – If you cannot get to the gym, but happen to have some weights in the house you can hold onto or wear if you have a weight vest then these are awesome. I try and do these in my room when I have a little time to spare as they are good for stretching also. Being flexible as well as strong is always good.
- Tricep curls – instead of holding the dumbbell horizontally you turn it 90 degrees and hold it vertically. This activates your triceps to work. Biceps are pretty and girls swoon over them, triceps are the ones that actually hold the explosive strength were you to ever strike someone. That is running under the assumption you are not throwing your hips or shoulders into it to add power.
- Shoulder Press – a seated machine where you lift weights from chest height and push until your arms are straight above your head. Great to increase shoulder strength as well as giving the muscles near your underarm a work out. I have quite strong shoulders so I enjoyed this as it made them stronger.
- Chest Press – similar to above but you push outwards and forwards until your arms are outstretched. A personal trainer found that my chest was my weakest muscle set when seeing what I could do, so I obsessed over this for a while. Ended up with a quite noticeable chest and I loved that in t-shirts. (I am vain, so sue me). Great for pectoral muscles and triceps.
- Front Pulldown – A machine where you sit and your arms are outstretched above you and you have to pull the weights down to you. Depending on the grip it works different muscle sets. I used a fingers curling in grip (now, my brain went dirty) which worked my back and biceps. Really good and one I enjoyed quite a lot.
- Crunches – All muscle groups benefit from a strong core, so if you improve your stomach, you improve everywhere else as well. It is all well and good to do sit ups or use a crunch machine, but if you have fat already on your stomach you can overdevelop those muscles and it pushes out the fat and makes you look like you have a bigger belly! I had to drop fat while increasing my core strength and had noticeable definition in the top two abdominal muscles (the quintessential 6 pack). Can make harder by including punches and swivels, as well as weight to your chest or throwing a medicine ball.
- Press-ups – easy to do and no equipment required. Just assume the position and away you go. I tried to do groups but sometimes I would just go all out to see how many I could do in one go. I did groups of 20 generally.
- Running – also no specialist equipment required, just a road. I do less of this to preserve my knees, especially after my accident and how much time I spend on my feet at work. I want to avoid cortisol injections if possible. great for weight loss, increasing stamina, and getting yourself known locally if you are friendly and smile at people.
So there you have it. Day 2 complete. A little silly in places, but all things that can be done and worked on by me, and some others if they wish to.
Here begins my second seven day List Challenge. Day One is brought to you by B over at Thinking With My Head. (Warning: Mature Content) His Challenge:
“If you were to be stranded on a deserted island what are the things that you could not live without? Excluding food and shelter but the non essential item you would want to have.”
- Electricity. This is important as it would lead me to having number 2 which is
- A computer with a strong internet connection. I am wanting social interaction. Interesting I am picking virtual people over real ones
- Friendly people. I will specify of both genders. I was tempted by the idea of a population who believe me to be a deity and worship me, as well as my own sex island filled with naughty little things to indulge myself with, but I will go with friendly and I can work on the rest myself.
- Various knives/bladed items. A machete would be useful, as would a sharp sheathed knife I can carry on my person. The SAS have a spade multi-tool which has a cutting edge, a serrated one and can be folded away. That maybe as well.
- A fully stocked pharmacy with a medical compendium. Should I or any of the people get ill this would be useful. Granted we would not be able to solve any issues like a heart attack or cancer, but preventing infections and those lower level illnesses could be treated.
- Pads and pencils. I would want to write. Simple as that.
- A book of plants. This way I can know what will help me and what will hurt me.
- A tinder set/striking sticks. Will make making a fire a whole lot easier than rubbing sticks together. Also I would start a fire which I would endevour to maintain constantly to attract attention/focal point for everyone.
- Strong boots. vegetation and nasty things on the floor could cause serious damage. I would want hard wearing boots so that I could tramp around and explore without fear of getting my feet ruined.
- Waterproof coat. I am imagining my desert island to be tropical, rather than tundra, or English, so rainy season/tropical downpours will not be uncommon. Some sort of waterproofing will be incredibly useful.
I realise I could use the internet to attract attention unless whoever marooned me on this island is masking my IP so I cannot be found. I am assuming I was placed here under exile rather than shipwrecked, so cannot return. Wonder what a psychologist would make of that. Hope you like it B!
Granted I am not a Yank, but this did pop into my head. Good Old Uncle Sam.
I think I may do Round 2 of my Seven Day List Challenge that I did last year. Here is a link to all 7 plus 1 days that I did.
Audience participation required here. I would like to have people suggest lists that I should compile. I do them in lists of 10, so having 7 people suggest 7 different lists would be the ideal scenario. Any suggestions appreciated, and in the incredibly unlikely scenario that more than seven suggestions arise I will endevour to do them all, because I am a people pleaser.
Now it is over to you Netty. Work your magic.
This list should be a hell of a lot longer than 10 things. But for the sake of a list, alleviating boredom, consistency and my own ego I am keeping this list to just 10. Once more unto the breach dear friends.
2. Internal combustion engines.
3. My own emotional state.
5. American Football.
7. How people can break promises/their word intentionally.
8. Why people like me.
9. The majority of political discussions.
10. Why I like fire.
Voila. Today can take a running jump off a very high cliff into jagged rocks. I’m still angry. I’ve eaten a kilo of chocolate because I was bored and had 2 arguments, both of which ended with me being wrong (which annoyed me even more). Screw today, I want a cupcake. Red velvet please. Actually make that a giant cupcake, or just a red velvet cake. Ta muchly.
Well I have reached Day 7. One whole week of me writing lists. I thought I would end this on a positive. In honesty I may just keep going. But this is the offical end to the challenge. Here are the things that make me happy.
1. Seeing lots of views or comments or likes on my posts.
2. Good sex.
3. Good sessions at the gym.
4. Flirting with someone who actually flirts back.
5. A well ironed shirt
6. Wearing a well cut suit and looking good in it.
7. A great film, a pack of biscuits, a mug of tea and my duvet (and on rare occasions, company)
8. Ryan Reynolds movies, especially comedies.
9. Good music (can vary so won’t name a specific genre or artist)
10. Hugging people
There. List of ten things that make me happy. Feeling a little insecure right now oddly, even though I had my personal review today and it went great. I think it’s a phase. Either way hope everyone is well.
So day 6 has arrived, and I am going to tell you about 10 things I would like to do before I die. This is not an exhaustive list, but I would very much like to do these things.
1. Go to Hong Kong and China.
2. See my brother get married/have kids.
3. Climb a mountain in the UK ie Ben Nevis, Snowdon (can’t remember the other one!)
4. Learn to drive
5. Hold £10,000 in cash in my hands and know it is mine.
6. Go to the horseraces.
7. Get a tattoo.
8. Go back to Mauritius again.
9. Eat lobster
10. Do something amazing, something no one can deride or mock.
This was a really had list to write. I feel I should be worried by that. Maybe that means I have very little aspiration for myself. Maybe it means I have high aspirations but reality is making me write a realistic list which is both achievable and logical. Who knows.
In other news I was convinced I have seen the same girl twice in 2 days, but it was a different girl each time. I wonder why she is playing on my brain. Also I question peoples motives. I have the feeling something is wrong with someone I know. Something is off, I just can’t work out what it is yet. I have my suspicions, but I will work it out soon enough.
Day 5 and I am keeping the dislikes going today. Here are 10 foods that I dislike. I try actively to avoid these foods.
5. Black Olives
6. Turkish Delight
7. Sesame Snaps
8. Anything almond flavoured, especially Marzipan
10. Pork scratchings/Crackling
This list was fairly easy to write as I do not dislike a great deal of food, but I know what I dislike due to taste, texture or the way it feels in my mouth with number 10. Today is cold, wet and rubbish. Happy Monday, great start to the Chinese New Year and the week. I need something big to look forward to.
I was just about to sleep when I remembered I hadn’t done a list today, so here it is. Today’s list is 10 people/groups of people I would like to punch in the face, repeatedly.
1. Arrogant people.
2. Queue jumpers.
3. Nick Griffin.
4. West Borough Baptist Church. (I’m not anti Christian, look them up)
5. People who abuse their power.
6. People with more money than sense.
7. Excessively loud people.
8. Every single person who has upset/annoyed/hurt/disrespected and taken advantage of me.
9. Reality television stars.
10. Overpaid, whiney, idiotic sports people.
Not particularly positive, but my blog, my rules. This is an invitation to read, close the tab if you don’t like it.
Day 3 is here! Today I am going to list 10 guys who I think are incredibly attractive. There is absolutely nothing wrong with appreciating the male form, and that is what I am doing right here. I am straight, I absolutely love women, but I can very much appreciate a good looking man. Here are 10 who I think have a bit of a wow factor about them and I would like to be friends with.
1. Will Smith
2. Ryan Reynolds
3. Johnny Depp
4. David Beckham
5. Neil Patrick Harris
6. Gerard Butler
7. Matthew Bowmer
8. Rafal Nadal
9. Hugh Jackman
10. Chris Hemsworth
A nice selection of both beefcakes and leaner guys. 2 of them are actually gay (5 and 7), still doesn’t stop them being attractive individuals. Not sure what tomorrows will be. I get the feeling a few of my friends will start questioning my sexuality here, but I guess who cares! I’m straight and proud!!