Let’s start with the negative
1. I am 30 years old and still live at home
2. In the last ten years I have not ended up where I would have expected at this point in my life.
3. Lately my mental health has deteriorated further than I would like.
4. I am basically bald now and I hate it.
5. To this day I still struggle with accepting who I am as a person.
6. I feel very much left behind compared to my friends socially, emotionally and career wise
7. My eating habits are volatile and I still eat like I’m back at university, but now have enough stomach acid to fill a swimming pool.
8. My income and intelligence will mean that it is highly unlikely I will be able to get onto the property ladder until I am in my late 30s.
9. I have been single the last 3 years or so (not massively negative but if you ask my mother… Woof)
10. I feel I have become even more socially awkward than I was before, unless I am under the influence of alcohol.
Wow. That isn’t great. Let’s try and address some of those in a more positive way and be happy.
1. I am 30 years old and still live at home, but I have given my parents alot of money so they can keep this house and the mortgage is nearly paid off. Granted the money could have been a big deposit on my own home, but you have to look after your parents.
2. I have graduated from university and hold a bachelors degree. It is ina good discipline, however the grade isn’t wonderful, but I still did it.
3. I am basically bald, but I do have a great shaped head which means I can carry it off quite well. I can grow a half decent beard too now as well, so that’s a positive as well.
4. In the last 10 years I have been to Italy, Spain, Holland, Kazakhstan, Mauritius, Scotland, Wales, Belgium, Greece and France.
5. My computer skills have grown a great deal and I am much better in spreadsheet software than I ever used to be, and feel much more confident in that ability.
6. My closest friends have done really well, gaining great jobs, starting their own families and owning property. I am incredibly proud of them and their achievements.
7. I have been put in/put myself in situations socially and emotionally outside of my comfort zone and come out of them in one piece, and maybe even learned about myself in the process.
8. I am still alive at the age of 30. In truth I didn’t think I’d make it this far, so I’m happy to have got here!
9. I would like to think I have been a positive influence on my younger sibling and cousins, helping support them in getting into the much better positions they are in today.
10. I haven’t given up completely. I’ve come close, I’ve really wanted just to sack it all in, but I haven’t. There is still a little hope left in me that things will get better. Eventually.
There we go Netty. Happy New Year to you.