This test was brought to my attention by a blogger I follow and interestingly enough ties in with my previous post on self perceptions. The Myers-Briggs type indicator test ” is a psychometric questionnaire designed to measure psychological preferences in how people perceive the world and make decisions” (Source Wikipedia)
There are sixteen possible outcomes for the test, and I happen to come out as and ESFJ. This is called a Caregiver Guardian. Here is a link to a description of what I am supposed to be like according to research.
According to Wikipedia (the source of all solid, completely truthful information) if I were an American the category I fall into is a rather popular one. A brief overview gives the impression that I:
- am a people person
- take my responsibilities seriously
- bring out the best in others and make them feel good about themselves
- am hurt by indifference
- require approval of my actions
- gain great personal satisfaction from helping others
- really care about other people
- am strongly task orientated
- want to control my external environment
- am quite masculine, with a hidden sensitive side
- am very good at reading people
All in all, I would say this is pretty much bang on. There are inclinations to be a manipulator, and that is something I abhor so I do not identify with that title. All in all, it is pretty accurate. What do you think? Do you agree or disagree? Why? Answers on a SAE to my blog or personal email.
I have an ex girlfriend who I used to call Angel. That was her name and I only called her that. In return she used to call me her Guardian. Years later it appears this little test agrees with her. How fascinating.