So as previously stated in this blog right here I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by K.L. Richardson. She writes at a blog called The Girl At War. She rambles, analyses and writes some pretty interesting stuff. I am flattered an honoured to have been nominated, especially by someone who appears to be much wiser and incredibly strong. To her I tip my hat at both her strength of character and her service to her country. I have strong feelings about being part of the armed forces, and have considered Sandhurst several times, but my medical would fail me. I think it is just a pipe fantasy, but that’s not what this post is about! The Rules are as follows:
Here are the rules of the Liebster Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Post eleven random facts about yourself.
- Answer eleven questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Think of a new set of eleven questions and nominate eleven others to answer them.
I’d say I have done bullet point uno, so time for bullet point B.
Eleven Random Facts About Myself
- I have short hair
- I do not like green eggs and ham, that just sounds really unhealthy and possibly poisoned.
- I love suits; I own 4 currently, but want so many more.
- My favourite piece of clothing I no longer own as was taken by an ex, but my favourite shoes are my Timberland boots (bought by same ex). I adore them and wear them all the time, but they are in serious need of resoling now.
- I have a slight obsession with pinstripes. I have mainly pinstriped shirts and I always end up gravitating towards them when I have to go and buy a new shirt. Pinstripes are timeless. I could so write a whole post on that.
- I used to have poker straight hair when I was little, but when I grew my hair out when I was 18 (mistake!) it now has natural waves in it, though that may be the kink because it was going past my shoulders.
- I dislike celebrating my birthday. I have no idea why, but it is coming up soon, yet I don’t really care that much.
- I love Firefly. It has to be one of the best shows ever created. That said I am rather a fan of Nathan Fillion.
- I once played Marley in A Christmas Carol for the school play. I had to sing.
- I have a habit of balling my fists for no reason, I’m not sure why. A friend of mine pointed it out.
- The most texts I send in a month was around 2500.
Roman Numeral III – Eleven Questions Asked By My Nominator
1. How/why did you start blogging? I started blogging November 2011 as a way to order my thoughts. I went dark on here until early May 2012 where I started regularly blogging for the same reason. I believe it has helped me and also introduced me to many new people and ideas.
2. What do you do when the insomnia monster invades your brain? Honestly? I pet the one eyed snake. I find it relaxes me. That or I just lay there curled up with my eyes closed and a hat pulled over my eyes so it is dark.
3. What’s the best piece of advice your mum/dad ever gave you? I have no idea. Best advice was from a friend who told me “tout va s’arrange rei” My written french is terrible, but it means everything will arrange its self i.e everything will sort its self out.
4. What was the last interesting, captivating book you’ve read? The Hunger Games; and I will never read them again.
5. When was the last time you went on a real vacation? Where to? I spent a weekend in Paris middle of last year, but proper holiday was 2008. I went to St Lucia for my sisters wedding.
6. What’s the worst movie you’ve ever seen? Why was it horrible? IT The Clown. I dislike clowns. Or OldBoy, damn that is one seriously messed up film.
7. If you could switch lives with any one person in the world, still living, who would you choose and why? Bill Gates; he makes so much money yet is able to use it to do incredibly philanthropic things. He is still making money, and even though he is no longer the worlds richest man, he still continues to give away more and more of his net worth to help people. To me that is amazing.
8. What’s your guilty pleasure on television? Hmm…It was 90210, but I kicked that habit, so probably Hart Of Dixie. I LOVE the southern accent. Southern Belles make my knees weak. I am from the England and I have been told American girls love an English accent, so I could be onto a winner if I ever go to England!
9. What’s your favorite social media medium to use? I use Facebook, occasionally Twitter, and this.
10. Which summer blockbuster movie are you most looking forward to seeing? Man of Steel, Iron Man 3, GI Joe 2. Yeah, I am a geek, so sue me, or better yet fight me, be good to test my strength.
11. Are you a published/self-published author? If so, what’s the title of your book(s) and in which formats are they available, i.e. Kindle/Nook? No I am not, but I have been told I should publish an anthology. If you think I should please have a look and tell me what you think. There is not enough there yet, but I would seriously consider it. Link to my poetry here
As for the final Bullet point quatre I will not be doing this one. The one person I would nominate does not accept nominations, and the others I would but I know they have been nominated already. Sorry if this disappoints, but that’s what I am going with.
I hope you all learnt a little something, and thank you once again to K.L. Richardson at The Girl At War for my nomination and the wonderful discourse. You are one hell of a woman.