A few weeks ago AnxiousElephant nominated me for The Brilliant Blog Award.
Now there are three rules to this award
1. Write an acceptance speech, linking back to the person who gave it to you
2. Write 7 things you believe in
3. Give the award to as many brilliant blogs as you would like to share the love.
I am completely humbled by the fact that anyone thinks this blog is brilliant and to you Ellie, I thank you from the very bottom of my heart. You are an incredible and sweet blogger and I hope that I can achieve even part of what you can do. You are inspiring and talented.
7 Things I Believe In
1. I know some incredibly talented and intelligent individuals. I believe in them completely and their ability so succeed in whatever they do with their lives.
2. I believe that eventually something good will fall into place in my life. I used to believe in karma, but I am pretty certain that that is a lie.
3. Hard work pays off. This I believe in sometimes as I have put in days/weeks of hard work to be told it is wrong, but it does mean I have learnt something from it; like don’t take it so personally or just care less.
4. I believe that mutants of the superpowered variety will eventually exist at some point. I mean you have incredible individuals now with intellects beyond the comprehension of most people, but I am talking x-men/fringe/alphas style superhumans
5. I believe I am struggling to find 7 things I believe in. 7 things I do not believe in would be easier.
6. I believe that sex is a natural thing and should not be a taboo subject in any way. Many people are into may different things, not always liked by others, but that is their preference. So long as it is all consensual I see no problem with it.
7. I believe mental health issues should be talked about more and be more widely known about. Too many people dismiss it ( I raise my hand here, I used to do that until I saw it properly). It is another thing which should not be taboo, but widely spoken about and more people need to be educated upon the matter.
Awarding To Others
In honesty, there are only 4 people I really want to give this award to. One of which nominated me, one who I am pretty certain has this award already, one who will not accept this award but I hope she knows that I am talking about her right here, and a 4th who I think deserves a bit more exposure. They are:
Crazy In The Coconut
I hope all of you are well, and have a great holiday season.